CETMO and ASCAME
CETMO signs a memorandum of understanding with the Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- The agreement aims to promote the promotion of the transport and logistics sectors in the Mediterranean area
The Centre for Transportation Studies for the Western Mediterranean (CETMO) has signed a collaboration protocol with the Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASCAME) that will allow the sharing of knowledge and experiences between the two organizations, as well as the improvement of the cooperation between the countries of the two shores of the Mediterranean in the field of the logistics and the transport. The firm took place during the MEDA Logistics Summit, within the framework of the International Logistics Exhibition (SIL), which is held from June 26 to 28 at the Montjuic Exhibition Center.
The main objective of this protocol is the promotion of ports and the logistics sector in the Mediterranean region, as well as promoting initiatives of the private sector in the region to establish stable, sustainable and sustainable economic growth.
The commitments that the two entities have taken are the following:
- Join synergies in order to promote Euro-Mediterranean cooperation in the transport and logistics sectors and work together for transport development.
- This agreement foresees a close cooperation of ASCAME and CETMO in special sectorial events such as the Mediterranean Logistics and Transport Summit (MEDA Logistics) and the Mediterranean Ports and Shipping Summit (Meda Ports).
- The Participation of CETMO in ASCAME’s Commission of Logistics and Transport in order to present/ propose subjects of common interest aimed at the improvement and development of Transports and the logistics sector in general.
- Collaboration in the framework of international projects in the Mediterranean region, promoting the participation of CETMO and ASCAME in European projects proposals of common interest addressed to improve the competitiveness and strengthen cooperation aiming at transport development