CETMO and Europlatforms
CETMO signs cooperation protocol with European Logistics Platform Association
- The agreement aims to favour the development of efficient, competitive logistics chains in the area represented by the two organizations
The Centre for Transportation Studies for the Western Mediterranean (CETMO) has signed a cooperation protocol with the European Logistics Platform Association (Europlatforms) to enable the organizations to share their knowledge and experiences, and to improve relations in the area of logistics and transport between the countries on either shore of the Mediterranean. The signature took place at the SIL International Logistics Trade Show held on 5-7 June 2018 at the Montjuïc trade fair centre in Barcelona.
The main goal of this agreement is to encourage the development of efficient, competitive logistics chains that promote economic and social growth in the region represented by both organizations with a heavy slant towards the Western Mediterranean.
The two organizations have agreed the following points:
1. CETMO and Europlatforms will coordinate their knowledge platforms to provide information and guidance on logistics platforms to interested parties on both sides of the Mediterranean.
2. CETMO and Europlatforms will explore the options for organizing a networking event that brings together interest groups from both sides of the Mediterranean working in the area of promoting and managing logistics platforms. The current goal is to organize an annual event, which could be held more often in the future. Both partners will explore suitable formats, locations and funding for these events.
3. CETMO and Europlatforms will jointly contact other stakeholders involved in trans-Mediterranean cooperation (e.g. the European Commission’s DG NEAR, the Union for the Mediterranean) to promote this initiative so that it can be included in their action plans and programmes.
4. CETMO and Europlatforms will explore and identify the most advanced logistics platform projects so they can be classified as potential new members of Europlatforms.
5. CETMO and Europlatforms will set up a coordination unit to make progress on the terms of this agreement and to explore other areas for cooperation. Progress will be reviewed on an annual basis.